(the following is from various sources at the Heritage Foundation)
- Over $142 Billion in Federal education funds to appease the teacher's union.
- $87 Billion Medicaid bailout: Medicaid is funded in part by states. If we keep bailing states out, they will have every incentive to continue irresponsible spending. Fiscally responsible taxpayers in Indiana are now paying for fiscally irresponsible bureaucrats in Illinois.
- Expanded Medicaid coverage and SCHIP: Reid-Pelosi-Obama are enacting a nationalized health care policy with no debate. The government will soon be responsible for more health care spending than the private sector.
- Green Jobs: The myth of 'green jobs' merely means replacing one job lost, with a new job that fits the left's agenda.
- Redistribution: Refundable Tax Credits for people who don't pay taxes.
- Pork Spending: Digital TV Coupons ($650 Million), Gov't Cars ($600 Million), Nat'l Endowment for the Arts ($50 Million), Repairs to National Mall ($200 Million, including $21m for sod).
But this is going up for a vote today, I guess. So if anybody can explain to me how this will stimulate the economy, I'll buy you a shiny, new, tinfoil hat.