Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Too Frustrated for a New AOTW


The United States of America continues as Asshat of the Week!

Why, you may ask?  Because I didn't get around to posting yesterday, then had the indignity of President Obama giving another speech while I was trying to listen to the radio in the shower.  My poor neighbors probably noticed an increase in obscenities at that time, as you can hear the activities of the kitchen and bedroom pretty well.

(That reminds me of the time a few years ago when there was a young single guy living next door, and one night, the sounds emanating from my old apartment were quite interesting.  But that might be a story for the other blog.)

Nevertheless, the package of "fixes" (bribes) was signed into law, I guess.  I really just heard a bit about it, then smacked off the radio in disgust, leaving a puddle on the floor as I did so.  When I got done hosing myself off, he was still talking, but on pouring more money into college stuff because  college costs have risen dramatically.

Just an FYI, it's the same issue as with our now-dying health care system:  When a third party is paying for a large number of people (either grants or generous loan packages), competition and market forces get chewed up and the price models get out of whack.

On the plus side, I am about sick of the health scare debate, so let's just sing songs about medication.  Because we might as well joke now, since we're going to make Great Britain's NHS look like a utopia by comparison. And that's before we get saddled with the VAT (more to come).

No comments: