The House is out until January. So there's nothing there. Except maybe finding unflattering pics of Nancy Pelosi so I can torture and stress out my liberal readers with saggy boobs (pun intended). But since Shaw is still on the mend, I'll kindly refrain.
The Senate is still chugging along on health care, with the possibility of voting on Christmas Eve (why the fuck?!?!?!), as well as passing some spending bills for defense (and water parks and "art" from retards, and whale sperm, and votes, etc....). Since the real fight is reconciling the bullshit passed by the House with the mongoloid bill from the Senate, that's over until next year. And since it's the season of giving, I won't nitpick whatever stupid things got added to the defense bill (even though it's the Senate giving other people's money).
And President Obama will probably give at least one more major speech during prime time that will cut into something I want to watch, which will piss me off, but not really impart any usable information. He's managed to get a nice pointless Copenhagen agreement that is (thankfully) all words and no real action (you expected something else?), which will, of course, come back here and be spun every which way imaginable (you can do that when it's just words).
Which leaves us with more stories about Tiger Woods.
And since half the talking heads will be skipping out of their studios until January, and many of the bloggers I read are going hiatus-y, I'm going to take the opportunity to concentrate on cleaning, Christmasing, and recharging the batteries for a clean assault on the Imperial federal government in January. So other than next weeks awarding of Asshat of the Year, this is it for posts this year (unless something absolutely demanding comment pops up).
And on that note:
As I have over four dozen people I have mocked and taunted over the past year for their failings as human beings, I have a big list to choose from. I do have an idea or two as to a proper recipient, but I would like some input. There are some suggested requirements:
1. The person has to be a prominent political figure, with at least one demonstrably stupid statement over the past year.
2. The person must have some significant controversy over something as well.
3. Single statements of blather don't count (Joe Wilson's 'you lie' for example), but continued idiotic commentary is worthy.
4. Extra weight will be given to your nominee if he or she appears on the AOTW list.
5. extra wight will be given if your nominee gets other mocking awards for their comments and/or actions.
6. Not John McCain (because he got it last year and because I want the motherfucker to cease political existence) or Mike Huckabee (because I want him to go away before he becomes the nominee in 2012 and I have to abandon the GOP forever).
So give me the nominee, make your case. Cite any specific links. I'm not going to rip anybody for their nominee, because it's a perceptual thing. And I don't necessarily care about political persuasion, I care about a demonstrable ability of a politician to insert foot in mouth and head in ass. And if you're going to go obvious (Obama or Palin), you better have a big argument, because I can easily think of a dozen reasons for each.
So hop to it, enjoy the Solstice, rock the Festivus, and Merry Christmas!