Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day and Pennsylvania Post-Mortem

Yesterday was the first day I got to wear shorts outside all day long. So with my thanks to all who made global warming possible (about damned time) I shall share the results of yesterday.

First of all, I spent most of my day outside, including cooking lunch out there. So between that and a little blogging and chasing after my children, one of them in potty training (and not doing so well), I did not get into either my Earth Day festivities or election coverage (except for incessant talk radio) until almost 9pm. But that's okay.

I didn't get any mowing with my gas lawn mower done (that's today), and I didn't get any extra driving for shits and giggles in either, mainly because of the unholy price of gas. So it was with darkness fallen that I lit my fire. And it was a beautiful fire, burning high and bright. I burned glossy magazines and a little plastic and some cardboard and some wood. And then there was the styrofoam. The beautiful toxic smell rising up to pollute the air. And then there was that old blanket. I don't know what was in it, but I got it from my grandmother, and it burned like a bastard. So I sat next to it, played a little guitar, and listened to the returned in Pennsylvania.

So here's the numbers as I write this (in other words, they may change): Hillary Clinton has won with an almost 10-point victory. While a portion of this comes from Rush Limbaugh's Operation Chaos, it is still a clear victory for Clinton, and will continue the fight to the convention. It also marks a major shift away from Obama, who easily outspent Clinton in the Keystone State and did worse than expected. Wow. This is getting downright entertaining. It is entirely possible for Hillary Clinton to win this. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Oh, and McCain won, spending his time campaigning for Democrat votes in obscure places instead of giving a shit about the contest, as he doesn't have to. And Ron Paul has no grasp of reality, the idiot. He still doesn't matter.

No comments: